Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131
I searched and found that the usual cause of this error is a missing or damaged folders.dbx file. Either that or it is using a read only attribute. To fix this problem I did the following steps.
- Click Start
- then Find
- then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type folders.dbx.
- In the Look In box, click your main hard disk (this is usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
- Right-click the Folders.dbx file, and then click Rename.
- Type folders.old, and click OK.
- Start Outlook Express again. This creates a new Folders.dbx file automatically.
This one solved my problem. Mainly this one occurs in the Windows 98 OS.